Tuesday, July 28, 2009

OMG FUCK ME Sallie Mae


So, today I had my financial aid exit interview at my school. It was basically letting me know how much I owed in private and federal loans, when I have to start repaying, how many years this BS will be going on, and I almost shitted myself lol, I knew it was bad but DAMN! My interest rates are rape with a disease to say the least and what I would be paying per month is more than what I pay for rent. I graduate next Friday, the 7th, that gives me a 6 month grace period which means come February next year they're gonna be knocking at my door for that money. My immediate thought was to sell drugs and rob banks, but my mom wouldn't like that. So next option is to stay in school to continue my education and receive Masters degree in Entertainment Business in another 13 months. Which looks and sounds really impressive seeing that I would be 21 with a Masters and I still get out of school a year before my HS peers. But that also means taking out another loan for 30grand plus living expense. Plus from what I hear all the time degrees really don't matter in our industry.

Decisions decisions. I was once encouraged by my a teacher to apply to AFI if I'm gonna pay more money to continue my education. They're the cream of the crop and they're based in LA which is a double bonus. But with that they are highly selective. So if I even think about going there I need to get my shiz together this month. Like focus on that. Along with other schools like USC and NYU. Which are more expensive than Full Sail and harder to get into.

So here's the bottom line. I play for Kheps and I'm not going to get discouraged as messed up as this may seem. This is my motivation. I knew this day would come the day I applied to this school. But on a good note I heard that if I get an internship it can defer my loans as long as I'm in the internship PLUS I still get my 6 moths after that ends! So I'm interning for life and freelancing on the side. Dodging these mofos like the gingerbread man

Peace

-Kikomo

1 comment:

  1. I too have a debt to sallie mae, but the worst part is, I didn't receive my 2nd term loan from them. So now I'm stuck having to pay for my first half of school with no degree.

    ReplyDelete

Followers

Khe